The Mixed Defensive Tactics Street Combat (MDTSC) system combines the best of a wide variety of ancient and modern styles into a highly superior counter knife tactical defense and response system.
These flexible tactics are rapidly retained and mastered, because they build on the best instincts, training, and experience of the participants and incorporate natural human bio-mechanical and gross motor skill movements. The methods, techniques and skills are comprehensive, practical, and effective defending against a wide variety of edged weapon attacks.
Elements of training include:
- Discussion and demonstration of different edged weapons and how they can be most dangerously employed by an attacker along with drills that teach the threat by practicing the wide range of angles and cuts an attacker can use with a knife or other edged weapon.
- Quick response drills that establish a foundation of correct initial footwork and upper body movements to defend against an edged weapon attack.
- Drills that teach the fastest and safest empty hand blocking, passing, trapping, and counter striking responses to a variety of edged weapon attacks.
- Drills that teach the effective use of empty hand and edged tool to perform the optimum blocking, passing, trapping and counter striking responses to a variety of dangerous attacks.
- Drills that teach methods of effectively disarming, controlling and subduing an aggressive attacker armed with an edged weapon.
- Discussion of liability, risk factors (such as over reacting to a threat) and the measured and appropriate use of force. Drills that challenge the student to select the appropriate response (from a variety of options along the force continuum) based on the situation, without being improperly influenced by strong emotional reactions.
The target audience includes Law Enforcement, Security, Military professionals and select private groups who might encounter a wide variety of knife or other edged weapon attacks.
At the completion of the course, the students should be able to:
- Understand the threat by correctly performing a wide range of cuts and stabs that an attacker could use with a knife or other edged weapon.
- Demonstrate proficiency in quick response drills that encompass correct initial footwork and upper body movements to defend against an edged weapon attack.
- Effectively use the fastest and safest empty hand blocking, passing, trapping, and counter striking responses to a variety of dangerous edged weapon attacks.
- Successfully use the best empty hand and edged tool techniques to perform the optimum blocking, passing, trapping and counter striking responses to a variety of dangerous attacks.
- Properly use the correct techniques for disarming, controlling and subduing an aggressive attacker armed ith an edged weapon.
- Be capable of reacting to different threats with the appropriate level of force and selecting the best techniques and response options, as dictated by the situation and the rules of engagement, without being improperly influenced by strong emotional reactions.
Lead Instructor Shuki Drai
Defensive Tactics Expert | Security Expert | CQC Blunt & Edged Weapon Expert | Inventor & Owner of 3 Patents
Shuki Drai is a multifaceted defensive tactics, safety and security expert with more than 26 years of experience in the execution of defensive tactics, personal and VIP security. He is a veteran of the Israel Defense Force (IDF) where he served in many capacities including Army Trooper. When serving as a contract advisor and protection specialist, he conducted several missions requiring the application of the entire body of security knowledge and expertise to ensure mission success while performing dignitary protection operations for the Counsel General and his guests.
Recognizing that successful operations require the proper tools, he developed three unique tools and weapons that are so innovative in design that he has been awarded multiple patents by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. The design and attributes of his tools has resulted in them being adopted and used by law enforcement organizations and security details from around the world. The tools include the Survival Rescue Tool (SRT), the Military and Law-Enforcement Utility Knife (S18 Shuki III Knife) and the Multi-function Hand Tool.
In recognition of his role and leadership in the martial arts, he has been recognized by his peers and organizations and has been inducted into International Martial Arts Hall of Fame in London where he received the 2020 Excellence Award of Contributions to Martial Arts Worldwide, the Action Martial Arts Hall of Honors as Esteemed Martial Artist, W.H.F.S.C. Rank Recognition Elite Master Division, World Head of Sokeship Council Martial Arts Hall of Fame, Tactical Senior Instructor, CQC Edged Tool and Impact Tool of the Year, and the Sports Award WOMA Special Office for Martial Arts. His experience has placed in him in demand for leadership roles including International Weapons Association (IWA) Edged Weapon Director, and as a member of the Board of Directors for the Federation of Israeli Martial Arts.
Follow us on Instagram and keep up to date with Mixed Defensive Tactics
Let us know what you think about MDT products and/or courses.
Submit your review
I love this tool.
Read more reviews:
I love this tool.
Working in law enforcement for over 20 years, this is a must have for your gear. It can break a window easily and cut a seatbelt with ease. This needs to be in every car on the road and not just for police cars. It is a practical, light weight tool that can defend you if needed. A tool like this needs to be kept close.
“It is best to be prepared than swift afterwards”
I’m a retired Police Commander with over 40 years of experience in all things tactical. I spent 20 of those years in our prestigious Miami Dade Special Response Team. I thought there was not much left to learn until I had the privilege of training with Sensei Shuki Drai. His approach to using tools to force multiply hand to hand skills is unprecedented. His S.R.T. is a compact, streamlined and ingenious device that offers multiple life saving benefits. It is non-lethal but quite effective at both controlling an adversary or getting you out of dangerous spot. It is a warriors modern day “Swiss Army Knife”. The S.R.T. ultimately allows a user to develop skills that seamlessly translate to unarmed and armed combat yet can easily be concealed and carried on a daily basis. I don’t go anywhere without it.
I am martial artist all my life love this Tool For all the reason that’s it’s stand for as Survival Tool
And then some more 🙂
Going any ware with it any ware
So manny of my student get it all over the world!